Cyprus is a European island country located in the north-eastern corner of the Mediterranean Sea. As the sunniest country in Europe, Cyprus is blessed with beautiful beaches, clear blue waters, cooling forests and an ideal climate.
This beautiful island has been the melting point of many distinctive cultures for thousands of years. Cyprus today enjoys cultural richness and diversity and Cypriots are a hospitable, open-minded and tolerant nation.
Cyprus enjoys political and economic stability, and since May 2004 is a member of the European Union (EU). The island is considered to be one of the region’s top business centres, with strong positions in tourism, consultancy, shipping, telecommunications, banking, and insurance.
Cyprus has a well-developed education and healthcare system and transportation with excellent network of roads and highways throughout the island. Crime and violence rates are low.
Capital city: Nicosia
Area: 9,251 km2
Population: estimated 1.2 million
Official languages: Greek and Turkish (English is a semi-official language)
Dominant religion: Greek Orthodox
Time zone: GMT + 2
Cyprus immigration laws and policies are largely governed by and unified with relevant European Union regulations, making it easy for EU residents to work or immigrate to the island.
Cyprus offers residence permits to applicants from non-European countries with highly efficient application procedures.
Cyprus residency benefits:
- residence applies to the applicant, spouse, and children under 18 years old as well
- only a visit once every two years is required
- efficient and brisk procedure
Cyprus residency requirements:
- The applicant must invest at least EUR 300,000 in one of the following investment categories:
- (A) Investment in a house/apartment: Purchase of a house or apartment from a development company, which should concern a first sale of at least EUR 300,000 (plus VAT).
- (B) Investment in real estate (excluding houses/apartments): Purchase of other types of real estate such as offices, shops, hotels or related estate developments or a combination of these with a total value of EUR 300,000. The purchase of interest can be the result of a resale.
- (C) Investment in Cyprus Company’s share capital, with business activities and personnel in the Republic: Investment worth EUR 300,000 in the share capital of a company registered in the Republic of Cyprus, based and operating in the Republic of Cyprus and having a proven physical presence in Cyprus and employing at least five (5) people.
- (D) Investment in units of Cyprus Investment Organization of Collective Investments (forms of AIF, AIFLNP, RAIF): Investment worth EUR 300,000 in units of Cyprus Investment Organization Collective Investments.
- confirmation of a capital deposit from abroad to a Cyprus account of minimum EUR 30,000 from a Cyprus bank (this amount will be locked for three years)
- confirmation of minimum EUR 30,000 annual income from abroad (+ EUR 5,000 for the spouse and every additional child and + EUR 8,000 for each dependent parent)