Greece is the southernmost country of the Balkan Peninsula, possessing an archipelago of about 2,000 islands. The complexity and the variety of the landscape make Greece one of a kind as three key elements dominate the scenery: the sea, the mountains, and the lowland.
Greece has a warm Mediterranean climate with hot and dry summers and mild winters.
Greece enjoys political stability and is a member of the European Union since 1981. The country offers safety and dependable rule of law.
Private education is highly developed in Greece, offering innovative new programs to students. Healthcare in the country is available via free public (to all the citizens and residents) or private healthcare systems.
Capital city: Athens
Official language: Greek
Dominant religion: Orthodox Christianity
Time zone: GMT+3
Greece offers an affordable and fast residence by investment program for applicants with access to the EU Schengen area.
Greek residency key benefits:
- visa-free travel in the EU Schengen area
- immediate family members (spouse, parents, parents in law and children up to 21y extendable until 24y) are eligible
- fast and efficient application process
- unlimited expiry date of permit (renewable in every 5 years)
- residing in Greece is not required
Greek residency key requirements:
- min EUR 250,000 investment in real estate property (or 10 years lease agreement on hotel accommodation or time sharing)
- or min EUR 250,000 capital contribution to Greece registered companies or an investment in bonds, securities and fund units of an amount of EUR 400,000 or in government bonds of an amount of EUR 800,000.
- or min EUR 400,000 capital transfer to a domestic credit institution for min 1 year
- clean criminal record
- medical insurance
Applicants who live in Greece for at least seven years can apply for citizenship and a passport. If the client is already a Golden Visa investor and would like to apply for citizenship, he can do that after 7 years, by undertaking an online examination by the immigration ministry. If the applicant passes the examination, he is allowed to submit his citizenship application and required documentation. Once submitted the process will roughly take about 1 year.
However, Greece will announce soon the new citizenship programme by investment for third country nationals. It will require a EUR 2,000,000 investment (either in immovable property, companies, funds, etc.), where an amount of min. EUR 500,000 must be spent for the purchase of a residential property, which can only be used for personal use and not for renting.